Monday, December 3, 2012

The Human Canvas - A No Frills Dragon!

Okay. 
SOME Frills.


This one's fairly straight forward.
A nice step-by-step representation
on this one.


...And it MAY be amongst 
the best coupla dragons to date 
(on a Human Canvas, that is).

A link to one of
my other recent favorites is HERE,
and a rant about me not being able to draw
them a certain way, HERE.


I just finally stopped 
referring to them all as Smaug. 
Especially with the movie about to
come out and all. 

If you've been living in a cave,
that's The Hobbit, I'm referencing.

If you've been living in ancient Dwarven caverns...
then you already knew.


I actually started
with a couple of yellow lines
for a reference point. I wanted to maintain
this figure-8 shape.



Though in this case, 
I was really thinking of the symbol 
for infinity.

I also have come to
love the fact that little errors,
or imperfections - don't really matter.
They'll be covered up, or worked into the design,
at a later point.


And I've noted - 
This seems to be on its way 
to becoming my own amalgamation of the dragon. 
A bit of the European and the Asian variety...
and whatever else is there.


And I'm wondering - 
wouldn't it be okay in this case to say "Oriental"?
I mean... we're talking about something exoticised 
from some mysterious other place,
or place of the other,
right?


Anyway - 
Done. Except that I had 
forgotten to draw in a garter as well. 
This was the original intention.


Another intention was to show off the boots.


And now both pieces together.



And now a few shots 
of the fading process. I'll have to double check 
my info on this, but I believe these next three shots 
were consecutively on the next days after the session, 
which was on a Sunday.


The shot above - 
wear from clothing and from a short sleep.
Thanks to this canvas, we MAY know now that tighter
clothing will actually protect the piece. Looser
clothing will rub accross it more often.
Even something gently layed,
like a shawl.

We saw this about a month later.


Showers, sleep, AND a change of
clothing  wore these off over the next two days.


And earlier... 
Did I say BOTH pieces together? 
The two shown here were actually only 2 of 3 that
day. The next... A wonderful experiment.
A successful one, think.
Check back. 

It's on the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment