Monday, December 17, 2012

THE HUMAN CANVAS - Here Be Pirates! Arrrrr....


Arrrr.
That's a friend of mine, Mike.
He's served as photographer for a few
Human Canvas sessions, and we've often talked
about turning the ink onto him.


The sessions he's served
as photographer on... ALL quite nice.
Links to some of those sessions HERE, HERE,
HERE, and HERE. He has quite a few real tattoos,
and, like me, the only one he really wants
to cover is his own name.
Mine HAS been.
Funny.


Anyway,
So this turned into
a nice new experiment. I've often wanted
to color in an existing tattoo...


...As well as see
what Sharpie ink does to cover ink
that's IN the skin.



So THERE'S the cover-up of one tattoo.
Now to start coloring in the other.



Close up for some detail...
I chose to add a bit of the belly
to that side section. The curve of this snake
is a bit awkward for me to envision.


...And now, back out for the hair.
(which I'd always seen, by the way, as flames.
We WILL be revisiting this one before he gets it
colored in and detailed.
For reals, that is.


 
I also paid more
attention (FINALLY) to where
I might need to lay my hand as I'm drawing,
so I didn't detail and color in the snake
completely before working
on the hair.


Add two more layers of color to the hair,
then add a background.


Mike's Irish, so...


...Add a four-leaf clover...


...OH!
And a plume!
Ya can't have a pirate hat without a plume!



So...
One clover and plume later...
Here be pirates!
Arrrrrrr!


We call him Mike.
We'll be hitting this one again,
as well as filling in and adding
to his other tattoos.

Check back for that.
There's some fun stuff coming!

Thanks Mike.
And thank YOU for checking this out.
Still more in the wings waiting to get out there.

Soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment