Friday, December 7, 2012

The Human Canvas - A Floating Rose

Yeah.
Yeah. I know. 
That's a fish. We'll get to that rose.

But this shot... 
It was really kind of a cool fluke.
A friend of mine, Mike Munoz, was taking
photos for me that night, which allowed my hands
and pen(s) to be in the shots. With the darker edges
on top, as well as the placement of the pen, it ended
up with a bit of a 3-d look. 

REALLY happy about that one!


This is the the one 
that got me thinking about it. 
The rose, that is. Not just a rose, though. 
Drawing a rose which had more depth... 
a 3-d effect... almost floating.


So, three colors 
and some black later...


...um, 
and a stem...


Here's that rose.

Now during our photo sessions, 
both during the Human Canvas portions, 
as well as the general portraiture and costumed shoots, 
I'd occasionally try to make her laugh. 



I think these shots 
were the most personality driven, 
and - by my eye - showed some real honesty 
and warm moments.



Okay?
Back to the rose. At one point, 
while taking shots of this rose experiment, 
I noticed something in my photo that I thought 
I should share with her... 

But I had to be ready 
to take another photo as SOON as it was said. 
Morbid, maybe, but I told her I thought she'd make 
a beautiful corpse.




This is the reaction I got... and was hoping for.



Did I say back to the rose?


Not much more to do.
Add some black, and then gray, to the top edge, 
placed JUST at the collar bone, which will 
add some more shadow...


And step back a bit.


Holding on to it...


Or just floating...


I'm happy with this little experiment. 
One that I'll be going back to. That is, playing 
with the shadows for some 3-D effect. 
Hope you're there to see it.

Thanks for stopping by.
SOOOOoooooo.... much more to come!







No comments:

Post a Comment