Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Human Canvas - Artists in Action - The Vault, part 3


So these are the stragglers, I suppose. 
Of the two Artists in Action events I was 
a part of, we saw a nice butterfly (and more) in 
Part one (click HERE). We saw SEVERAL more 
butterflies in Part Two (click HERE), and an epic 
appearance from a couple of epic members of 
an epic band. These can be seen with If I 
had a Songhammer. Click HERE for 
a link to that one.

Only a couple ones to show here. 
First - one that will be seen again once I get 
more drawings of this nature.


A tombstone? 
Well, not really the nature of a tombstone. 
Rather, a play on words of sorts. We'll come back to that.


The other one was one I was rather disappointed with. 


It shoulda been simple. 
I was working over a tattoo that was 
already present. Something I've done many a 
time before, with wonderful success. 


But on this one... I dunno. 


Maybe it was the angle? 
All I know is it got muddier as I went...  


To the point where 
I was truly embarrassed to have done it. 
Of over 250 images to date... 


This is one of only 
a very few that I DID NOT LIKE AT ALL.
But I'm trying to show them all. 


So let's go on to one I did like. 


The one we started this post with. 
A simple design. 



Yes, a tombstone. 


The person who owns 
the arm I was working on is named Grant. 
Thankful for his willingness, as this will go 
into a special collection soon. 


A collection of bad puns, 
or just drawings that have something 
to do with the person's name. In this case, Grant. 


Grant's Tomb. And as the saying goes, 
Who is buried in Grant's Tomb? 


Who IS buried in Grant's Tomb. Oy.





No comments:

Post a Comment