Friday, February 25, 2011

CONTEST RE-LAUNCH!!! Get Published - Be Seen by DOZENS of People!

A little over a year ago, I came in to work rather early (hosting Morning Edition at KVCR, getting up at 3:45am), and saw a beautiful sunrise...while a crescent moon hung on from the night before. This is what inspired the forecast drawing for that day.


In a way, this wasn't a new drawing for me. I mean - it was and it wasn't. It's a stylistic approach to something which keeps cropping up in some of my drawings.  The rolling hills, the mountains in the background...the sun coming through...I suppose it's a look at this region. I live in kind of a horse-shoe of mountains or foothills. Anyway - it's an image that I continue to explore, and it keeps coming back...on a couple more forecasts...



...or this next one, which was simply a reminder for me to announce the correct show.


The next several were for potential cd covers. There are color renderings of these somewhere. These are simply the originals. As usual...fleshing out ideas...in between traffic updates and weather reports.





Now this last one, below. A drastically different style...but there it is again...in essence. With a friend in mind, this was done only yesterday.

(Smaug in the Forecast - 2/24/11)

Now back to that forecast with the sunrise AND the crescent moon.


I invited some friends on facebook and MySpace to download or print the original, color it by hand or digitally manipulate it somehow, then send it back to me. I truly, truly thought that there would be a lot of people out there who would be interested in taking the time to sit down with their crayons - as it were. I also have some friends out there who are absolute whizzes in the world of computer graphics.

But really! Only six people out there...SIX people out there...who opted to take a few moments and make some art. I thank them very much, and each one was fantastic - simple or complex! Here's what I received:

From Mitch - Indio, California. Note how he altered my initials in the lower right :-)

From Patsy - Lexington, Kentucky


"Lola Sunshine" - from Tracy - Boulder, Colorado

From Ross - Redlands, California. Note how he erased the sun - making it more appropriate to when I was going in to work.


From Kerri - San FernandoValley, California

From Carey - Fort Collins, Colorado - last we heard


That's it. That's all I received. But it's open again. Download or print the original, color it by hand or digitally manipulate it somehow, then send it back to me. Here it is again.


Send your version of it to: davidfleming28@gmail.com

Soon there'll be a new tab at the top of the page titled "Forecast Contest". All submissions will be published! I really hope to see this grow into a large collection. It doesn't matter whether or not I know you.

If you've read this...


Please...


Take a few moments...and make some art!

No comments:

Post a Comment