Friday, January 21, 2011

The Next Human Canvas, & other Sea-Related Pen & Inks

  Planning for the next canvas...we call her Laura. Laura is a friend who runs a fantastic travel and fashion blog - click HERE to jump to it. When you check out her site - sealaura.com, it won't take long to notice how much she loves the ocean, the beach...anything related. Quite probably, Laura will be happily providing my next canvas...her shoulder - going over to the shoulder blade and into the center back area. So...once again, actually...actually planning ahead on this one.

                                                

This was the first shot at gathering various sea creatures together on one page.


After having sketched this onto my forecast during Morning Edition, I thought I should include the next few - all forecast drawings (during various Morning Editions) which have some sort of sea, sea life, or water-related something or other going on.




So maybe this next one isn't exactly sea-related...but there IS a sailor involved.


In this case, one of the major stories of the day was that of people upset over the price of crude oil...or in this case, crude Oyle.

Back to today's piece...


...With an experiment in color...



So my practice session...became my next entry.


Here you go Laura.

3 comments:

  1. I love it and I love your sense of humor! This should be fun. Glad to be our next canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Thanks for sharing Laura! I like your work David. I draw and sketch as well.

    ReplyDelete