Monday, August 26, 2013

The Human Canvas - Re-Working Some Ink

I've found myself doing this a few times now.
Re-working an old tattoo, that is. I'll have to address
that in a near-future post.
 
Meantime, Meet Mike.
 
 
Mike's served as photographer for me
for a few Human Canvas sessions, and has had
the ink turned on himself not TERRIBLY long ago.
That appeared in a session published as
"Here Be Pirates! Arrrr....."
 
You can link TO that session with a click HERE.
 
That session was simply
a re-working of an existing tattoo.
He hasn't gotten it detailed or colored yet,
so that gave me an opportunity to
play with some ideas.
 
For this session, much the same.

 
Mike had often imagined this mask to
have curled horns - like a demon of some sort.
I started off with a pink. This was used really just
to find the flow and curve of the horns, but came in
quite nicely later when it realized
itself as a color.

 
 
Now go in with some black,
not only to define, but also to now
go OVER the existing tattoo, and hide
the previous lines.
 
Some blue...

 
...then more black...
(and a bit of blood from the corner of
the mouth - I couldn't resist)

 
...And then on to
something else Mike had always
imagined for this tattoo. The hair bound
at the chin should be a bit longer, 
braided, and winging out.

 
And I just REALLY wanted
to add some flames to it. I thought it'd go
with it nicely, AND I've fallen in love with this
simple blend to create a flame or two...

 
...Or more.

 
Now pulling back
for a shot which includes the
owner of the canvas...
 
 
And play with a few photos,
now that I'm done playing with Sharpies.




 
 
Thanks Mike.
Not the first, and it WON'T be the last!

 
But this is amongst
some of my most recent favorites,
WITHOUT a doubt!


No comments:

Post a Comment