Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Art Contest - OH-MY-GOD!!!

Wow!


Just when I'd given up on getting any new entries for an ongoing "contest"...

...along comes Roger!


Wow!


Remember this? One morning I saw a beautiful sunrise - while a crescent moon hung on from the night before. This is what inspired...or led...the forecast drawing for that day.


I asked friends on facebook and MySpace to print or download it, color it in or digitally manipulate it somehow, then send it back to me. I received a half-dozen fairly quickly...then there was a bit of a lull.

And by "lull", I mean NOTHING...for over a year. So - I re-launched the contest. And I use the term "contest" rather loosely, as there's no winner per se - only publication. Mitch, who gave me my first entry, pointed out though that there doesn't have to be a winner...a reward. The reward is in DOING the art.

I thank him for that outlook.

And I thank Roger for the latest entry. Again - Wow!


And I thank YOU...for the next. The original, along with the other submissions can be seen with a click HERE, or just go to the tab for CONTEST!!! ONGOING!!! near the top of the page.

Send YOUR version to davidfleming28@g-mail.com.

And THANKS!

2 comments:

  1. Age 27 by the way -Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one is truly incredible. it just transports you to another world. glad you are having so much fun with this and I love how they all have the forecasts in them.

    ReplyDelete