Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Human Canvas - Living On Common Ground


And did I mention Global Sex Trafficking?
 
 
Really love this picture.
Okay. Next photo shows Bre and Sophia.
 
 
I was standing in the middle of
the 20th Living On Common Ground
Multicultural Festival at University of Redlands.
Bre and Sophia were part of group presenting
their research on various aspects of
global sex-trafficking.




Joining Sophia here,
Phil - another part of the research group.
Hold it! Where'd Bre go?
 
 
Ah. Gotcha. There we go.


Literally. There WE go.
Check the left side here.
 

Got her.
Actually, now I seem to remember 
it being noted that I came to the festival
ready to draw on people. I also remember something
about Bre saying, "Me. Me. I volunteer ME."
This MIGHT actually be a quote.

So Bre has left Sophia's side...
as does Phil...
 

As does the camera.
Onto Bre.
 

So the only problem
was that Priya had thrown her back,
and we REALLY needed to go as soon as she
was done with any official capacity.
 
 
But I was assured that I had a few minutes.
So - again going with the familiar. A fish of some sort.
Not QUITE another koi. Going with something
a BIT more swishy and swirly.
 

It still went pretty quick,
and just about 6 minutes or so later,
as Priya waited in the background - casually
talking about post-colonialism and the spread
of disease (or something gentle like that)
I stepped back...


And I think it was done. 
Again, it was a familiar enough image
to work with...
 

But the REALLY nice
thing is that I learned something new
in making those water droplets. Something
that'll be realized FAIRLY soon on a FAIRLY
new model. We'll see that soon. Hasn't even been
done yet, but she's cool with the design.

 
Of course yet ANOTHER really
nice thing I learned on this exercise was that
she has a couple more years before graduation,

 
And is quite okay with getting inked up some more!

 
Thank you Bre!
And thanks to Priya... for snapping photos
whilst her back was out.




No comments:

Post a Comment