Wednesday, November 7, 2012

THE HUMAN CANVAS - More Flower TO Ya!

THIS...
Was the end of the evening.
Or a bit into the morning, if ya look at that clock 
on the wall in the background.
 
 

But let's step back a bit.
While in Kentucky at the end of September,
I agreed to do an art presentation/art lesson for a
Girl Scout troop. I don't know exactly how I feel about
how I did. I hope I can do it again next time I'm there.
I know that I could do better. Meantime, I hope some
of the kids this time got SOMETHING out of it.
 
Speaking of which,
after the presentation, and after 
some of the youngest of the young had 
gone home with their parents, Marci (you've 
seen her on these pages before. Click HERE for 
a link), explained to a few of the remaining kids
(and a parent or two) that I also
sometimes drew on people -
instead of paper.

There was a short line soon.




Again, flowers on my mind, there were a couple of these 
done in the next couple of minutes.


It was also a Fall Festival of some sort,
so the flowers seemed to fit.
Or a clover.

Or ballet slippers.


This kid 
wanted a dragon though.



And why not? I do regret not thowing
a bit of grey in there. He wanted a black dragon.
I gave him a quick outline. I think, though, that this
dragon may have planted a seed for one I'd end up
doing in the near future. One that I REALLY loved.

After dinner,
and a Murray State University
production of The Woman in Black,
I went back to Marci's for a couple more pieces.

Well, a few more. Marci's daughter Madison got one more flower similar to the ones earlier at the Girl Scout event.
 
This one got
just a bit more attention to detail,
and I begrudgingly got a smile from her.


 
On then... to Heather!

 
I had designed a piece
for another friend named Heather,
but it may be a bit before we get together for
me to start drawing on her.
 
Actually, I have yet to even ask.
It would be some vines with heather,
intertwined with a crown.

 
But again,
I have yet to even tell her
I've designed something for her.
Maybe she'll see this. Maybe one of her friends
will, and tell her about the idea.
 
 
But back to this night.
A buncha little leaves later...

 
Heather on Heather.

 
Now...
Onto Marci!
 
 
Quite frankly,
I had come over with
the intention of putting a buncha
flowers on one side...

 
Do a similar piece on her other side...
 
Then something large,
Occupying most of her back.
But I couldn't. I just couldn't.
I mean...
 

Look at the clock below.
Right around 2:36 AM, if I read it correctly.
Anyway - Heather and Marci.
Thank you both!

 
And thank YOU
For checking this out...
For spreading the word - to anyone...
And possibly, for being next.
 
See the beginings of
this adventure through a few tabs
near the top of this page.
 
Thanks again for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment