Wednesday, January 9, 2013

THE HUMAN CANVAS - Fancy Footwork!

 
This...
Was FUN!


I know I say that a lot, but hey.
And based on the above photo, I was
gonna call this one "Tripping On Your Feet",
but after admiring that pedi, I instead went with
"Fancy Footwork".
 
The blends accomplished
for this exercise came simply from
using QUITE the variety
of ultra-fine...
 

...Fine-line...

 
 
...And the addition of another color...

 
...Or two...







 
...Or three or four or so.






 
Now flip that foot 90 degrees for a quick inspection...


...Add just a bit of background.
JUST enough to make it stand out a bit...



 
And we're pretty much done - with this part.


Sadie (the person at the top of these feet) 
and I had been talking about a design that would
encompass both a sun and a moon. All the designs 
I came up with... Designs combining the two - well,
I didn't like. I also looked to the web, and found
some really cool YARD art, but 
not really great body art.


So I think it was Sadie
who suggested simply putting a sun on one foot,
and a moon on the other.
 
Workin' upside down for this part,
again - using a few different colors to
make it a little less "flat".






 
And here we go back
to the blending method of starting with
a dark blue...

 
...And pulling it out and
spreading it with a lighter blue.


Flip that foot over (again), and I think we're good.


Especially when ya line it back up with the other.
And again... dig that pedi!


Smooth out a few lines,
and step back for a POV...


...And then out to another rug. 
One that went really well with the drawing.


Thanks Sadie.
I don't think this will
be the tattoo idea you were looking for,
but it sure was a fun drawing!
Thanks again!
 
And you...
Reading this right now...
If I count these as TWO drawings
(I really really debated this), they would count as Human Canvas drawings #98 and #99.
 
Come back soon for The 100th Drawing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment