Monday, January 16, 2012

The Human Canvas - A Landscape in the Forecast, for now on the forearm


This is a quick'n. I was talking with a friend about her next Human Canvas session. I thought we'd talked about a lotus flower. Oops...wrong Julie. So anyway, this in mind, I was cleaning the garage...

...and found a brown Sharpie. Four quick lines and smears later, I got somethin' going that WILL be applied on a larger scale.


I DID discover though, that if ya gonna add trees after the fact, it doesn't QUITE work as well as the Bob Ross quick-drying acrylics. Not in overlaying onto darker areas anyway. I think the better picture is above...BEFORE I added those two trees.


And as it fades...


...it becomes a rose floating in front...


...and then just a rose sittin' on top of some 3-day old Sharpie.

This gave me my fix though, as I was anxious for the next session NOT on my own arm. At the time of this writing...that'll be tomorrow night. I think we're looking at a Sea Horse high up on the neck - behind the ear, and a koi across the ribs.

With that, I look forward to improving on some past work, while continuing this experiment in blending and fading.

Thanks Shaelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment