Friday, July 20, 2012

The Human Canvas - SLASH! At the Vault! In Redlands!

First off...
Ya, ya... I know. 
That's not Slash. That's Katie.
But We'll get back to that.


A little over a year ago (or so),
we had just left a University of Redlands
end of the year gathering, and ended up back at
our place. I had done a couple of Human Canvas sessions
AT the gathering, but at this point,
we were just talking.

Katie said that if she ever got a tattoo
(or if I ever laid my pens on her - I don't remember which)
it would be a lotus flower.

A little over a year (or so) LATER then...
It was Katie's birthday... At the Vault in Redlands.

I reminded her.



It went (fairly) quickly.


The next shot is called
"Priya Pointing to Pretty Pretty Petals".



Thank you Katie.


Next that night... Andrew!

I don't recall if it was he that showed me, or if it was the other women at the table (not drawn on), but SOMEONE got his sleave up...

...and it was collectively decided that this
real tattoo needed an update.


I also don't recall if he was a Guns n' Roses fan...


...But after giving some color back to that rose...


...The rest, while impromptu, fell into place.




And then we got Slash!

At the Vault!

In Redlands!


Sorta.

I think I wanna do this'n again, except add some crossed pistols underneath.

Until then...

...Thanks again Andrew... AND Katie...
Canvases for this evening.

And thank YOU for stopping by,
for spreading the word, and possibly...

for being next.

The beginnings of The Human Canvas adventures
can be found and followed through a couple of tabs near the top of this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment