Monday, May 5, 2014

The Human Canvas - A Stamp on the Tail End of Autism Awareness Month

 
Yes.
That's what you saw.
 
 
I had gone to my third
autism festival to draw puzzle pieces
on people. Presented once again by The Autism
Society Inland Empire. The folks pictured below
REALLY made me think of "a girls night out"
(besides the fact that it was
the middle of the day).
 
 
It was a kind of
"Hey! Let's get tattoos!" kinda thing.
This... inspired the Autism Tramp-Stamp.
Of COURSE I wouldn't dare do this in
the middle of the festival...
BUTT...


 
I'm reminded of a tail.

 
The end of which you already know.

 
Fanny, this is really a simple image.

 
Rearing a simple flow.

 
A crack need not be made...
 
 
We weren't behind.
 
 
She WASN'T a bum. 

 
Okay.
Enough of that.  
I'm not naming her,
but she's a friend of a friend that
I had met just that night,
about 10 minutes
earlier. 
 
 
 People sometimes ask
why I might have a camera
and 40 sharpies on me... And I had
just done a Nightmare Before Christmas
piece on a buddy...
 
So maybe I seemed kinda legit. 

 
We were talking about
the recent pieces I'd done, and realizing it
was nearing the, um, end of April, it would
be a great pun - sort of - to have this
realized on someone as
the last Autism piece.
 
 
She appreciated the joke,
and the timing, and was up for it.
This, I think, was pretty cool,
as we HAD just met.
 
 
It was really very
simple and very quick,
and done in the middle of a crowded bar.
Everything remained covered, and
everyone remained respectful.
  

 
Thank you Lil' Dave,
for serving as photographer,
and thank you, new, un-named friend,
for being comfortable enough to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment