Monday, November 5, 2012

The Human Canvas - Peace and Flowers. And an Apple. THE Apple!

 
Nearing the end of
September, 2012, I took a trip
to Kentucky to help in celebration of
my parents 50th wedding anniversary.
 
 
I DID make time
for some socializing.
I even organized an event called
"David Fleming is at the Big Apple With Sharpies...
(Again)".
 
Again?
Well, on New Years Eve 2010 going into 2011,
I was at The Apple enjoying The Mur-Vegas All-Stars -
when I had the opportunity to try out a koi on someone.
Bree. A friend from years past.
 
 
At THIS point,
drawing koi was still relatively new for me.
The one pictured above being only the 4th one
ever attempted. This next piece was someone who
I'd just met that night. Someone who took an
interest in this "Human Canvas"
thing of mine.
 
 
But back to this day.
Only around a dozen and a half people showed up,
and it was QUITE nice.

 
They came in waves,
which really allowed me to
visit without ignoring. As one small group,
or person or two, was leaving,
another was showing up.
I was able to visit...
And draw.

 
One couple of friends who came
by  was Vince and  Mary Anne Medlock.
I knew I'd be drawing some flowers in the next day
or two, so this is what came to mind. And Mary Anne
didn't care what went onto her arm.
She just wanted to be amongst
the canvases...

 
...Which I REALLY appreciate
 when that happens. On this trip back home,
there was actually one friend who really
REALLY wanted my to draw on her,
but it was SO late when we started
discussing it. I just couldn't.
I'm sorry Vicki.
Really.
 
But back to
THIS day at the Apple,
That first flower went SO quickly,
I really needed to put something else with it.
WHAT else though?
 
 
AH!
More flowers!
And I have to admit,
I thought at first that those blue
flowers were, well, "fails" Now though,
I REALLY like the blue(s) contrasting
with the red(s).
 
Mary Anne and Vince
are friends through a few different ways.
Amongst them, theatre and WKMS.
91.3 FM.

 
I also added this because
I didn't know what to do with the flowers.
Ah! Stick 'em in a coffee mug... from what's still
amongst your favorite radio stations out there.
Except that I forgot the stems. C'mon! I had just (inadvertantly) taught this to a 7 year-old...
And I forgot the stems myself!
Okay. I found peace
with it.

 
Actually, I found peace with Wendy.

 
Or let's say...

 
...ON Wendy.

 
I actually know Wendy from high school,
but really only got this friendship
going on this trip.

 
Simply put, Wendy has peace signs
ALL over her house...

 
...And I felt she needed one all over her neck.
 
Thank you Mary Anne,
and Thank you Wendy, For allowing sessions of
The Human Canvas to continue...
At The Apple.
 
That's The Big Apple Cafe in Murray, Kentucky.
You should stop in some time.

 
I was also able
to reconnect with a few people
who I'd not gotten to see last time I was in.
Namely, Doug, Theresa, and Mom.
Thank you for coming out.
 
And for coming to Mom and Dad's shindig
a few days later.
 
And Susan.
thank you SO much.
 
And you - 
Reading this right now -
Thank you as well. For stopping by...
And for spreading the word. Over 100 sessions
done now, and I'm always looking
forward to the next.
 
Always looking for the next model too!
 
Thanks again. SO much more to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment