Monday, June 27, 2011

The Human Canvas - A Footpath

Another session with Court. She was still working on her dissertation, so I knew she'd be typing away, sitting relatively still.


This was as far as we got, actually. I'd been drawing while the sun gradually set. I eventually looked to my right, and had to stop.


Not sure how I missed this...as it was happening...I was drawing I guess.

Well, after that sunset AND a bottle of wine had disappeared, we decided we really needed food by that point. This became the only human canvas session that never got finished. Let's just pretend it looked like this.


Next day - more dissertation - more sitting relatively still. So was she game?


Of course she was. She was also up for getting a challenge afoot. Or...in this case...making a foot, a challenge. What can you do with a foot?


Well, get it un-booted for one...


...then just stare at the canvas, and see what you see. Okay...beyond a good pedi...What can that shape become?


Many things I'm sure. But this is what I saw that day.










This became an experiment in forced perspective as well. After drawing in the forest, I pretty much laid my head on her knee...


...to get the dimensions right...


So we could see the path...and the forest...


...as if we were looking at it from the beginning of the bridge.


This was a learning experience for me as well. About the use of too much black...more on that next time. For now though...


Mmmmwa!



Thanks again, Court!

No comments:

Post a Comment