Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Human Canvas - An Octopus's Garden in the Shade



So...
Maybe An Octopus's Garden on Shaelyn 
would be more appropriate.
But anyway...

The first thing I drew on Shaelyn LAST time I saw her was an idea for a (possible) future tattoo. A seahorse.


Then I (of course) took it further.


But back to THIS session. 
The idea was not so much the figures drawn, 
but rather take advantage of some of the 
natural lines of the body.


So...
start with another 
seahorse...



...And slowly work your way to the right. 
Blending the blues works well to add just a bit of depth and variation to the rest of the water. This, as opposed to just a simple wash of ONE color.



Make that seahorses.


Now here's the first real shot of that line I was talking about. 
The line created between a person's arm, 
and their back. This would become, 
simply, one edge of a cave.
A cave for...



The title character...
(same blend...one dark color - pulled out with a lighter variation)


An octopus...



...her garden...



...And now here's some shade.


When it was all said and done, 
and they had gone home for the evening, 
they got in front of the mirror and started clowning around. 
and thankfully got some of the shots that I had neglected to get.

 Unfortunately, while I AM tagged in those shots, there's 
some sort of weird e-block kinda thing going on 
which prevents me from snagging them. 
I'm sure I'll get around that. 
Somehow.


OH! 
And did I say THEY?


Here's but a GLIMPSE of the next entry. 
Here by week's end. 
I promise. 


It was a good'n, and I'm kinda excited to get it out there.

But until then...
Thanks to Shaelyn and Sadie.
We WILL be seeing them again, so check back. 
I'll also be inserting a couple more photos into 
THIS entry as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment