Monday, April 30, 2012

The Human Canvas - Struggling With the Blues


Now normally I don't post so many sessions,
so many days in a row. I normally try to post something,
give it a few days... see what kind of traffic comes
through... then post again.

BUT, I wanted to get this ONE more
out before the end of April - and there are still
several sessions yet to post. Meantime, you can scroll
down for a COUPLE of the recent sessions, but please,
using the "search" window a bit to the right, search
for (separately) VENOM, AUTISM, THE IMPORTANCE, DRAWING ON LESSONS, WHITE RABBIT, SHARK DIVING, and definitely, BIRD OF PARADISE. 

These are all recent entries that I don't want to get swallowed up by a new post.

This session, however...


Another piece of Canvas provided by Lil' Dave.  
We had JUST finished covering a real tattoo, and working 
with the shape of the kneecap for a shot at Venom. 
This was a fun experiment which I know we'll 
be revisiting. Already talked about it... 
just haven't sat DOWN 
for it yet.


Another fun experiment 
for me is EVERY time involving the blending of colors - employing a couple of different 
methods.

So it's not so much "Struggling With the Blues" at this point. Here it's still FUN with the blues.


And reddy-oranges.


But the problem with using this blend 
of blues for the fish...


...Is that it's same blend I use to get depth 
and contrast in the water.
So... I got a good fish. 

But what to do with the water then...


It was a struggle with the blues. 
A STRUGGLE
 let me tell ya.


Oh wait. Never mind. 
Just have it coming down INTO water... 
...As if it had just jumped. Okay. Comfortable with the 
blues again.

And making this water was a wonderful, 
organic, create as you go 
kinda thing.


Except after stepping back, I decided it needed a pooling effect...

And THEN we're done. Again.


So... 
Thanks Again Lil' Dave.
And thank YOU for stopping by.
There are SEVERAL more sessions I 
have yet to publish...

...So please check back.
AND...

...Check out the beginnings of these adventures through the tabs near the top of the page.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment