Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Human Canvas - C'Mon! Who Leaves Their Hotel With Just One Sharpie?!?

 Still in Istanbul, I was once again at my favorite hang, Arsah. And, once again - trying to explain to some fellow travellers why I might be walking around with some 30 sharpies on me. This is Haida.

The best explanation, was for me to simply bring up one of the photos from the previous night


Haida wanted something done, but didn't care what.


So...Having promised to only take about 10 - 15 minutes...


...And having grabbed an orange Sharpie out of my pocket...


...I decided to rely on the familiar - another Koi.


Problem was...that orange Sharpie I grabbed...was the only one I'd taken from the hotel!

No Black!!!


I mean...C'Mon! Who leaves their hotel with just one Sharpie?!?


Mehmet and Huseyin, normally running the shop, started running around looking for a black pen.


Couldn't find anything that had the boldness of a Sharpie. Instead of a black, we ended up with a rather dark grey.


This came in handy a day or two later - on yet another session.




She had a few stars already tattooed on her forearm.


With the Koi in place, I felt like they needed to be colored in...




And a couple more added.


So again...meet Haida. And in a city of some 8.8 million, I actually ran into her again a day or two later...


...Allowing me to get a shot of the fading process.

Thank you Haida.


This was the fourth of five sessions while in Turkey. All at Arsah...

...As was the next. Musa. He had been witnessing this over the last few days, and wanted a wolf.

We'll see this one soon.

Please check back.

1 comment:

  1. it is ze pickle reportin from Asuncion, paraguay. Big hug!
    ME

    ReplyDelete