Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Human Canvas - Here Be Wolves






My tooth is really killing me right now...been in and out of a daze...but I gotta get this one done. With this one more post, with just one more day in the month, I will have July as the month of Human Canvas Sessions from Turkey. I unexpectedly was able to do 5.


While I had been doing the first four at Arsah, Musa - who works there - had been quietly witnessing these sessions, or the results OF them. Turns out...he wanted a wolf. I kind of expected something kind of easy...a profile of a wolf, howling at the moon. Something like what's pictured above.



But...


...He had an image in mind.


It was on his cell phone...


...which kept disappearing after 15 seconds, due to the screen saver.


I sketched it out with a yellow highlighter to kind of get the general idea...


...and went from there.






This is where it became handy to have NOT had a black pen during the last session...


...but having hung onto the one we were able to find...


...giving me a couple different shades of black to play with.



And since Musa wanted THIS image of a wolf...


This allows me to do the whole howling at the moon, wolf-profile image on someone else...


...'cause at this point, I only have one more session to publish...


Before having run out of smiling participants.

Thank you Musa.

And to all at Arsah: Whether you work there, own the place, or just happen to have stopped in while being a tourist during late April - and let a complete stranger draw on you...

Thank You.



1 comment:

  1. I loved the wolf. I want an angel...on paper. Its 20 years over due. Yo willpay interests on that one.
    ZE PICKLE

    ReplyDelete