Monday, January 17, 2011

The Human Canvas part 4 - The Koi

So...I had mentioned that The Human Canvas part 3 - Marci was the first piece I had actually planned (to a certain extent) ahead of time. All the other sessions had been impromptu - spur of the moment. I had settled on a traditional Japanese design, but had never tried to draw a koi before. So this was my first attempt.


(((this was at work...at KVCR...between giving forecasts, news reports, and traffic updates)))

The one below would be the 2nd...


...and this pink one, the third. These two were done with fluorescent markers, and look really kick-ass under black-light. And yes, I had to look up how to spell fluorescent.


A few days before starting Marci's piece, I had a volunteer for a practice session - New Year's Eve, at The Big Apple Cafe in Murray, Kentucky.


Meet Bree.


Well, the beginning of the koi, anyway.




(((Suddenly remembering that these things have "whiskers"...and fins...drop the black, and pick up the pink again.)))



When I did Marci's piece, and showed her these pics, I told her I felt like had cheated on her - in doing the koi drawing on another woman!!!



But still...I had to flesh out (as it were) what I'd be attempting on a much larger, more detailed piece.









NOW meet Bree...AND the koi.


Bree came back for several hugs, telling me of the compliments she'd gotten, and that this may be her next tattoo - with Art By David Fleming on it! I thought that part may be a bit much.

Maybe just my initials.

The beginnings of these adventures can be found in the tab for "The Human Canvas" at the top of the page. And they WILL be updated, so please, check back.

2 comments:

  1. It came out great! Loving it actually.
    Love your blog, trying to follow it, but can't quite seem to find the google friend thingy. hahaha

    Carolina*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Ya. I have trouble too - finding the follow, subscribe, etc. sealaura is my goto for such things. I'll see if there's a way to make it more obvious. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete