Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Human Canvas - Even MORE Flower To Ya!

This post actually comes from last October... 
Maybe November. 

I had kept talking about drawing on her, 
Kailynn, but it kept on not happening...


I had a piece KINDA worked out 
for her, but on the evening she was at the house, 
she stuck out her arm and said, "What can 
you draw on a hand?"

A HAND?

It's a TINY hand, TOO!


Well, fresh off a trip to Kentucky, 
where I did SEVERAL flowers of various kinds, 
this is what I saw. Something to occupy a small space.



AND play with a bit of color.


Careful now, don't muddy it up TOO much.


Well, that filled the hand. 
Move up the arm JUST a bit with a 
stem-ish representation.


And once ya get permission 
to go further than just the hand with that stem, 
take it even further with a vase.




Done?


No.
Okay. Add a bit of shadow...


THEN done. 
I have to say, I kinda frowned as 
I stared at it the rest of the evening. It looked kinda 
funny upside down.


But... 
Right side up, for a picture, I think we WERE happy with it after all.



Thank you Kailynn. 
And thank YOU for being next!

No comments:

Post a Comment