Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Human Canvas - If You're Gonna Have a Jellyfish on Your Floor





You know how when you're in Boston, 
one of the things you talk about is how you're probably 
gonna get snowed in, and not be able to leave the airport 
as scheduled? You know? I don't think this is unusual. 
I was sketching. Also not unusual.  Probably with an 
ordinary blue Bic ballpoint. But I also had 
a buncha sharpies with me... 

So we also talked about The Human Canvas.

I remember remarking 
that while I'd done a couple jelly fish before, 
this would be the first time that 
I went forward confidently.

Relatively simple after all.
A cup...



Some tendrils... 
or whatever they are...


Then some black. 
To define, and to make things "pop." 
Just a bit.


I was trying to figure out if I was done. 
I couldn't figure out what wasn't right though. 
It was done neatly, I think. 

Hmmmmm. Maybe a little TOO neat.



It was pointed out that some of the tendrils... 
or whatever they are... SHOULD cross over in 
front of some of the others.



Done. 
More cluttered... 
but much better than the earlier, 
very organized placement of the tendrils... 
or whatever they are.



Then it was just 
a matter of looking at different backdrops. 
The red was nice, but I REALLY liked the look of 
the wood planks, and greatly appreciate her 
contorting her arm to get it kinda flat 
on the floor for me.



So, 
If you ever have 
a jellyfish on your floor, 
it's much better for it to be on your arm, 
on the floor. 
Right?









No comments:

Post a Comment