Friday, February 12, 2016

The Human Canvas - Ye Olde Kaelie



This first shot shown, 
Was actually one of the last ones taken.
I had gone to Ye Olde Lamplighter in San Bernardino 
to see a bit of original music a friend Debbra, had told me about. I had drawn on Debbra and her daughter Kaelie 
about 10 months prior, and as I have an extremely 
paired down bunch of Sharpies with the 
camera I cart around to musical events... 

Well, I was hoping one of them 
might show up ready to be a canvas once again.


Ah! Kaelie! Thank you!
Going to some familiar territory with a koi, but taking 
a bit of a different approach.



Looser on the detail, 
with an attempt at a ripple of sorts.



Hi.


Okay, back to the drawing for some black. 
Up close - the black is a bit much. But stand back 
just a bit, and it seemed to be doing it.


Here's the one shot 
of anything musical going on that night. Fred. 
The reason I was even there.


But with the drawing complete, 
it was time to take Kaelie around the restaurant 
for some photography.


It was a good knight for photography. 
HAHAhahahahahaha........
Um. Ahem.


Okay. The knight was near a mirror, 
and I'm not sure if these next two shots were 
what I was going for EXACTLY... 

but I like 'em.




After that it was simply 
a matter of placing Kaelie in front of 
various backdrops, showing the piece from 
a few steps back.


Oops. Hang on.


After that it was simply 
a matter of placing Kaelie in front of 
various backdrops, showing the piece from 
a few steps back.

Playing with lighting...
I think this - was Ye Olde Lamplight.


...And angles...


...Ah! Here we go.



This last shot - not the drawing at all. 
Got away from it once again. I thought we were done. 


But when we walked back inside... 
THAT PINK WALL!


These last two, 
quite staged, with just a touch of processing.


Thank you Debbra, for telling me about the night. 
Thanks to Fred - for the music. 

And thanks to Kaelie - a wonderful canvas 
to work with.  Having just finished this one, 
I'm already planning the next. 






No comments:

Post a Comment